Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Announcing...

Hey whoa it's been a little while since I've posted. Well a lot has happened.
Starting with me having a swollen lymph node or cyst type thing the size of your thumb tip growing the whole summer in my groin region. I was really worried, I was tired all the time, felt horrible. So I went to see a doctor and had to get some second opinions, I had no clue as to what it was. So I start worrying a bit needless to say, and I was finally going to get it biopsied a few days after school began. Well I really hadn't looked at it much and then when I went to see the general surgeon, it was gone or at least mostly shrunk. It was the most unexplainable thing I have ever encountered. It really defied all logic, but I guess you don't need to ask questions and just move on. So now I feel a lot better, but the rest of my season really went down the drain in August. Yet, I am finding some fun races to do just to redeem myself. I am trying to drop some weight (like 20 pounds) so I can rock next year. I have felt a lot better about training now that the pool is closed and I am not guarding right now. So between school and everything else, I am planning on a self-supported (well my family will help :-) ) half-iron distance "race" against myself. I am currently planning routes and nutrition plans. It will be a great thing for me, and if I keep my running up I will try to run a half marathon somewhere warm in the winter so I can get a better time than I did this year. I really feel like this year is serving as motivation for the rest of '07 and 2008. I don't want to be the person I was earlier this year, it wasn't me and it won't ever be again. It's time to get serious, have fun, and make my the rest of my triathlon career the best it can be. I have all I need now it's time to make it happen.

No comments: