Monday, August 20, 2007

Triathlon Dreamin'

Ever um...dream about triathlon, specifically racing? I do, in fact last night I had a dream about a half-iron, except I remember only the bike and that it was too fast and I thought I didn't go the correct distance (which actually happened in a race this year to me) and then every time I dream about the run it ends up in some completely ridiculous place, like a house or a school. I think it's interesting how I don't dream about triathlon training, only racing. Maybe because racing is much more of a highly emotional/ impressionable event so my mind tries to recreate different scenarios within the dream realm.

Well on another note, I have had to learn a tough lesson as a teenage triathlete this year. I guess with me going off to college next year I feel like I will be limited with what I will be able to do triathlon wise, more specifically long distance race wise in the following four years. Yet, I have to remember that there is time, I have many seasons to come and have time to improve and get better and learn, most importantly never stop learning and always strive to set the bar higher...so there is hope for me after all.

No comments: