Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Return

Hey,


Remember me? I've kinda been M.I.A for a while, but it's been an interesting year 2007. Starting with the end of my '06 season, I got my wisdom teeth extracted...didn't go so great... and I still had racing plans after that september...well it got easier and easier to take time off and not train. Not a good idea. Then later I got really sick starting with sinius issues and it turned into bronchitis stuff, again it was easier to take time off and not get back into a normal training regime. Well that led to not training properly in the off season, I pretty much lost the drive I had to train and race like the previous year. I got a job as a lifeguard this summer so 7 and half hours at a pool kinda put a damper on my training, but it's just something I have to work around. So I raced a 10k in Feb., it went okay but the next time I raced, a half-marathon I barely made it to the finish line. Infact i was 18 minutes slower than my 'o6 race time for a similar course. It was a wakeup call basically. I raced the Terre Haute Triathlon and actually posted a PR, and then I almost won a short sprint triathlon but got caught by a 30 year old with a mile and half left to go. Then I did my local triathlon and it was very disorganized this year, not really my fault but my run pretty much sucked it up. The next race was .60 mi swim, 28 bike, and 6.5 mi run. It was seriously hot that day, and I did great on the bike, but the run completely demoralized me. I had to my humble myself and actually walk the water stops, definately not me, it was not easy to do. That was the last time I raced this year...okay so 2007 hasn't been exactly what I hoped for. If the last year version of me met this year's version of me, she'd be pretty disappointed. Yet, I have found a race I think I can do and have enough time to train for. So now starts a new time...I think things sorted out, and now it's time to be more optimistic, stop feeling bad for myself, and move on. I can't be thinking about the 5 hours I put in everyday last year and the few hours I scrap together a day this year, I just have to accept it and move on. So now this will serve as a daily log as to what's going on in the junior tri life of AeroMandy. Until next time, tri hard and live free. ;-)

No comments: