Thursday, August 7, 2008

B-Fit B-Day-Completed!

Hey all,

Alright so here's what happend...I went out for my run and at about four miles in, i began experiencing severe heat related issues, my legs didn't cramp they just began to ache and each step became quite painful, I wanted to drink more water but if I did it just sloshed in my stomach, so I sent out a distress call and got picked up. I promised myself I would finish the rest of the run within the 24 time frame I set and this morning I did along with my 1 mile swim. I think I disrespected how hot it really was yesterday afternoon but I paid the price for it the rest of the day.
Anyhow, the good news is that I finished.
Here are the times...
Swim 1 mile 32 minutes 14 seconds
Bike 18 miles 1 hour 10 minutes (hills)
Run 8 miles 1 hour 18 minutes (hills, heat, and trails!)

You know what, kudos to anyone who completes the 4 mile swim for the gold challenge...wow!

It was a lot of fun and I will definately make this a tradition from now on! :-)
Pictures and a video slideshow soon to come...
-MK

1 comment:

:) said...

Great job finishing!