Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Shift

Good Morning everyone from good 'ol Texas,

It's supposed to be around 100 degrees today, but for some reason I expect to walk outside and feel a fall like weather. I think since I am gearing up to head off to school and I am used to the midwest weather, that's simply what I expect. It's been a good summer for me, and I have a lot too look forward. Good news is that I still have a few races left in the season and then some time to recharge and refocus so next year will see some progress.
The olympics are on and the only way you would not know that I suppose is if you were hiding under a rock or too busy seeing "The Dark Knight" for the third time(I have seen it twice haha). Anyhow, despite the less than favorable political conditions surrounding China's hosting of the games...I am still a sucker for watching them. I remember watching them for the first time when I was 6 years old in 1996 when they were held in Atlanta. My friends and I would make up obstacle courses in my living room and trying and "compete" againest each other for the gold. Of course we all wanted to be from the USA. I remember even cutting out paper medals to give to the winners. I am happy to watch cycling, triathlon, swimming, and some other high stakes contests and this is one of the few times you actually can on televison. I was watching Phelps swim last night and I swear my heart rate was in the 120's, it is amazing to watch him swim. He has a very interesting back story as well. I feel bad for future olympians who will have to try very hard to beat his records...or any of the 1,2,3 swimmers' records.
I am going to keep training and racing in triathlon, running, and cycling and if I could even compete in the international military games or make the Air Force triathlon or cycling teams, that would be one of the biggest accomplishments of all time in my life.
Well, until another day and time...have a great rest of the weekend and Tri On For Life!
-MK

No comments: